Sunday, July 12, 2009

Using the APA writing format, how do I cite and reference an author from a collected works volume not by him?

I want to cite and reference C.S. Lewis from "God in the Dock", but I only have a collected works volume, where that is the third book in the volume. I don't understand the APA format yet, and I cannot find out how to in-text cite or reference it. I would appreciate any help.

Using the APA writing format, how do I cite and reference an author from a collected works volume not by him?
I think it should be like this:





Leweis, C.S. (date of publication). "God in the Dock." In editor's name (Ed.), title of book (page numbers). City of publication, state of publication: publisher.








I can't show it properly here, but remember that the second line would be indented. Also, to help you in the future, you might consider buying (or borrowing from the library) a book called Writer's Inc. It's extraordinarily helpful whenever I write, and it has both MLA and APA format with lots of examples.
Reply:Collected works are tricky. The easiest way is to go to NoodleTools and click on NoodleBib Express and choose APA citation (free). Then select "book" and "reprinted material" and fill in the form. You'll be able to cut-and-paste the citation.


No comments:

Post a Comment