Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Please help me with a reference?

I am using the van der Waals Gas Equation and its critical parameter a and b for CO2 for a research, but I cannot find where they come from. I am drafting a paper and I need a reference. I know,





Reid, R. C.; Prausnitz, J. M.; Poling, B. E. The Properties of Gases and Liquids, 4th ed.; McGraw-Hill, Inc.: New York, 1987.





Or





Fishbane, Paul M., Gasiorowicz, Stephen G., and Thornton, Stephen T., Physics for Scientists and Engineers, 3rd Ed., Prentice-Hall, 2005.





but I cannot find its chapter or exact page.





Could anybody please help me? Thanks a lot.

Please help me with a reference?
Well...for CO2 I have:





a = 3.658 bar L^2/mol





b = 0.04286 L/mol








If you are doing research at this level...have you forgottn about the trusty CRC handbook for Chem/Phys?





That's where I found my data. Mine is 77th edition page 6-48.





Hope that helps.
Reply:The a and b are constants peculiar to each gas. you look them up in a table. see:





http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~vawter/PhysicsNet...

poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment